Ipswich: Hark! Star concert of carols set to herald the arrival of Christmas
CHRISTMAS is almost here – and nothing brings the festive season to life more than the Ipswich Star’s Carol Service in the heart of the town.
This year’s service is at the town’s civic church – St Mary le Tower – and there are still a few seats left.
The service starts at 7pm on Wednesday, and a limited number of tickets can be bought from our office at 30 Lower Brook Street.
They cost �2, and money raised at the concert will be donated to the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
There will be a festive feel to the whole evening, with everyone at the service offered a mince pie.
Ipswich Star editor Terry Hunt said: “Our Carol Service has always been at the heart of the town’s festive celebrations, and I am delighted that we will be once again in Ipswich’s historic civic church.
“The service has always been a clear signal to the town that Christmas is almost with us, and I’m looking forward to seeing many of our readers at the church.”
- 1 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 2 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 3 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 4 Two arrests made following stabbing
- 5 'We're lucky to get her back' - Drone finds missing Pinky after 17 days
- 6 'Incredibly proud': 11-year-old saves classmate choking on chicken nugget
- 7 Alleyway near Ipswich town centre remains sealed off after serious assault
- 8 Omid Djalili cracks Ipswich joke at Queen's Platinum Jubilee show
- 9 Serving police officer appears in court over alleged misconduct offence
- 10 'Fantastic' new café at Needham Lake beauty spot opens its doors
The singing will be led by one of the finest church choirs in the country – and there will also be many favourite carols for you to join in with.
And don’t miss Thursday’s Star for full coverage and pictures from the carol service.
Have you raised money for the air ambulance? Write to Your Letters, Ipswich Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org