Ipswich headteacher to retire
A WELL-known Ipswich headteacher is to retire in August, it was announced today.Laurie Robinson, headteacher at Copleston High School will be replaced by Shaun Common, currently leading Sir John Leman High School in Beccles.
A WELL-known Ipswich headteacher is to retire in August, it was announced today.
Laurie Robinson, headteacher at Copleston High School will be replaced by Shaun Common, currently leading Sir John Leman High School in Beccles.
Mr Robinson said: “I have been very privileged to work at Copleston High School for nine years.
“I am pleased that the post has gone to another Suffolk colleague and I wish him and everyone associated with the school every success in the future.'
Mr Common beat a very strong field to the position and will take up his new post in September 2008. He said: " I am very excited about the prospect of working with the governors, staff, students and parents at Copleston and look forward to working with colleagues to build on the many successes of the school to date.
“I was struck by the warm and friendly ethos of the school and was particularly impressed by the students. “Education is going through a series of major changes over the next few years and I am relishing the opportunity of leading Copleston in its aim of offering students a world class educational experience preparing them for successful and happy lives in the 21st Century."
- 1 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 2 Train services in Suffolk cancelled after horses escape onto tracks
- 3 'Quietly confident' - Felixstowe Indian restaurant goes alcohol-free
- 4 Plans for flats in former Ipswich pub progress
- 5 Man turned up naked on woman's doorstep after Euros Final
- 6 Man found dead as police and fire service called to Ipswich home
- 7 Severe delays on A14 as lane blocked on Orwell Bridge
- 8 Busy Ipswich road reopens after small sinkhole is repaired
- 9 Why has my car been covered in dust?
- 10 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
Chair of Governors, Bill Robinson, said: 'We had an excellent shortlist of candidates for the post and Shaun Common was the candidate that impressed the interview panel the most.
“We are therefore delighted to welcome him to Copleston and look forward to working with him when he takes up the Headteacher's post in September of this year.”