Ipswich hedgehog officer is special guest at St Patrick’s Day spring market
- Credit: Archant
Live music will kick off a Suffolk community centre’s first spring market of 2017 next week.
Fresh produce, plot ready seedlings and Mother’s Day gifts will be available at the Cress Pavilion event, which will be attended by special guest, hedgehog officer Ali North.
Keeping with the theme of St Patrick’s Day, guests can pick up a pot of clover to help bees and butterflies in their gardens – and may even be lucky enough to find a four-leaved one.
Miss North, from Suffolk Wildlife Trust, is to provide advice to guests on how to improve habitats for hedgehogs in their gardens.
Coffee and homemade cakes are to be made and served by community garden volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
Those wishing to attend should head down to Cress Pavilion in Halifax Road, Ipswich on March 17 from 10am-12.30pm.
Visit www.activlives.org.uk/activgardens for more information.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 4 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 5 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 6 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 7 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 10 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air