Ipswich: Heroic couple who came to aid of stabbed teenager in Bilberry Road praise emergency services colleagues
IPSWICH: A heroic couple who rushed to help a teenager stabbed in the neck at a house party today praised their colleagues who played a “vital” part in saving her life.
Paramedic David Sexby and his fiancee Hannah Creasey, a special constable at Suffolk police, were off-duty when they heard a commotion in their neighbourhood.
The couple rushed to the scene in Bilberry Road, Ravenswood on Saturday where they found 16-year-old Sayshana Mason in a “very serious condition”.
To recognise their life-saving work, the pair have today been nominated for a Stars of Suffolk award in the Unsung Hero of the Year category.
Neighbours told of the party “getting out of control” by 7pm, with the emergency services being called shortly before 10pm.
But in the meantime, Miss Creasey, 23, made the scene safe, allowing Mr Sexby, who has been a qualified paramedic for six months, to stop the bleeding and allow Sayshana to breathe again.
“We heard a lot of people outside,” said 27-year-old Mr Sexby. “It was a very stressful atmosphere with lots of people around.
- 1 Most desirable places to live in Ipswich according to estate agents
- 2 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals locked up so far in 2022
- 4 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 5 Woman 'froze' after seeing masked men with machetes in Ipswich
- 6 Missing 12-year-old girl from Ipswich found safe
- 7 Plans for 440 homes and visitor centre in Ipswich Garden Suburb submitted
- 8 OPINION: Free sporting activities for children return to Ipswich this summer
- 9 Ipswich singer to perform UK festival tour after scoring club hit
- 10 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
“I would not have been able to do my job without her.”
The couple praised the work of the ambulance crews who arrived at the scene and the team of doctors at Ipswich Hospital.
Last night Sayshana was said to be in a stable condition at Ipswich Hospital.
An 18-year-old arrested by Suffolk police on Saturday on suspicion of grievous bodily harm is on bail until December 19.