Ipswich Hockey Club raises £1,000 for EACH
- Credit: Archant
A sports club has donated £1,000 to charity after a fundraising auction.
Ipswich Hockey Club held the event in December to jointly raise funds for its women’s first team to compete in the National League for this season, and for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH).
The auction, which saw items donated by local businesses go under the hammer, raised just under £3,000, of which £1,000 was given to the charity at a cheque presentation on Saturday.
Emma Millar, captain of the women’s first team, said: “A lot of businesses kindly donated and we were really surprised and delighted with the support we got.
“When we travel around the country playing we are proud we are taking the name of Ipswich, Suffolk and East Anglia, and I think local businesses are on board with that.
“EACH is a fantastic local charity and we have lots of different links with people who have been supported by it, so we thought it would be a great cause to support.”
The club is now looking to adopt EACH as its chosen charity, and plans to hold a fundraising auction each year.
- 1 Man suffers fractured eye socket after attack outside Ipswich bus station
- 2 Suffolk rail services affected after person hit by a train
- 3 Woman who stole £24k from school and football club to face sentence
- 4 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 5 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
- 6 OPINION: Free sporting activities for children return to Ipswich this summer
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals locked up so far in 2022
- 8 Plans for 440 homes and visitor centre in Ipswich Garden Suburb submitted
- 9 Ipswich climber's death was a 'tragic and unexpected accident'
- 10 Plans to convert town centre office to five flats
However the charity work does not stop there as Emma, two other players and two friends plan to walk from London to Brighton in 24 hours to raise funds for Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research.
To sponsor them visit their JustGiving page.