Why the Bus Shelter Ipswich needs your vote
- Credit: Archant
As temperatures take a dip, homelessness is at the forefront of everyone’s mind as they imagine what it would be like to live on the street.
This is why the Bus Shelter Ipswich, which is aiming to reduce the amount of rough sleepers in the town, is urging people to vote for them in a national competition.
The winner of the ‘HotelsThatHelp’ £1,000 giveaway will be the community organisation that receives the highest number of votes.
Gareth Brenland from the Bus Shelter Ipswich, says winning the £1,000 would help with the everyday running costs of their bus which provides 24-hour support to the homeless in Ipswich.
Mr Brenland said: “We don’t get government or local authority funding we rely on the support of the public.
You may also want to watch:
“Homelessness is not just a problem in Ipswich, it is a nationwide problem that is growing because of a lack of funding.”
Mr Brenland is encouraged by the number of votes that the Bus Shelter have received so far but doesn’t want to get complacent, all votes must be cast by January 5, 2019.
- 1 'Yet another blow' as town bank earmarked for closure
- 2 Ipswich pharmacy first to offer Covid vaccinations
- 3 Ipswich schoolgirl, aged 14, missing
- 4 CCTV appeal after £400 of distraction thefts targeting elderly
- 5 Hot Sausage Company launches cook-at-home meal kits
- 6 Infection rates continue to tumble across Suffolk and Essex
- 7 Supermarket chain set to recruit thousands more staff
- 8 New Combat2Coffee venue set to open in Ipswich town centre
- 9 Driver in court over biker death crash on road near Ipswich
- 10 ‘A matter of life or death’: Nurse scared to work on ward in 'basic mask'