Ipswich Hospital Charity’s first ever sponsored walk to take in stunning views of Felixstowe seafront
- Credit: Archant
Fundraisers will get to soak in the stunning views of Felixstowe seafront at the Ipswich Hospital Charity’s first ever sponsored walk this month.
The Walk for Wards, on Sunday July 16, will give people the chance to walk, jog or run a 10k route along the seafront taking in views of the famous port, the North Sea and the colourful beach huts.
Fundraisers can also take part in a family-friendly 5k option.
Everyone who takes part will get to pick which hospital ward or department their money will go to, choosing from Ipswich Hospital or the three community hospitals at Bluebird Lodge, Felixstowe or Aldeburgh.
Many Jordan, head of charity and fundraising at the Ipswich Hospital Charity, said: “Walk for Wards gives people the chance to take part in a fantastic community event and do something amazing to raise funds for the ward or department which is closest to their heart.
“The walk offers fabulous views along one of our county’s most distinctive seafronts and is suitable for people of all ages and abilities,.
“Anyone who is feeling energetic will be able to run the route, while those happy to enjoy a more leisurely pace will be given the opportunity to stop and takes photos and enjoy an ice cream.
- 1 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
- 2 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 3 Baby porpoise washes up at Suffolk beach
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 7 walks in Suffolk with a stunning view
- 6 Plans for flats in former Ipswich pub progress
- 7 Road closed as emergency services attend two-vehicle crash
- 8 Lane on A14 reopens after severe delays on Orwell Bridge
- 9 Caribbean trailer to open soon in town centre
- 10 Warning after spate of catalytic converter thefts
“We’d like as many people as possible to sign up and join us at what promises to be a fantastic day out for all the family.”
The walk kicks off at the View Point Tourist Information Centre at 10am.
Entry costs £5 per person or £15 for a family of four, with individuals asked to raise £25 in sponsorship and families £50.
The Ipswich Transport Museum is lending a hand by providing transport back to the start line after the walk for anyone who would like to pick up their car after the event.
For more information and to sign up for the Walk for Wards event see here.