All together now! Choir’s £500 donation to hospital
- Credit: COLCHESTER & IPSWICH HOSPITALS C
A choir has started its autumn season on a high note with a £500 donation.
The 40-strong Ipswich Hospital Community Choir does not charge for performances but instead requests donations to the Colchester and Ipswich Hospitals Charity.
Musical director Nick Coleman said: “The choir is a place where people of all ages and backgrounds can join together in the pure pleasure of singing.
“Our ever-expanding repertoire includes pop throughout the decades and classical, folk and show songs.
“We are in no way a formal choral society, rather a very relaxed and fun group. Our ambition is to expand the choir further.”
Choirmaster Alex Howell said: “To sing with us you don’t need to have the voice of an angel. All you need is a basic ability to hear the music.”
The choir’s Christmas programme includes a joint concert with St Peters Band at St Peters by the Ipswich Waterfront on Saturday, December 8 and an appearance at Sailmakers Shopping Centre in Ipswich on Thursday, December 13, 6.30pm to 8.00pm.
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 3 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 4 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 5 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 7 Dog rescued from flat fire
- 8 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 9 A14 closed overnight as lorry overturns in multi-vehicle pile up
- 10 Politicians make Ipswich a third division town
Rehearsals take place each Wednesday in the Courtyard Restaurant at Ipswich Hospital from 6.15pm to 8.15pm.