Inquest to begin into death of newborn baby
- Credit: SUPPLIED BY FAMILY
A three-day inquest is due to begin today into the death of a one-day-old baby.
Riyad Ali died nearly 15 years ago, on July 16, 2005, at Ipswich Hospital.
The newborn's health took a turn for the worse after a natural delivery and he was taken to resuscitation.
His mother, Bilkis Ali, visited her baby son over the next 24 hours but at 5pm the following day his condition had deteriorated.
He died less than an hour later.
You may also want to watch:
Riyad's inquest, which has been rescheduled from July 2019, is being heard at Suffolk Coroner's Court in Ipswich today.
It is expected to last three days.
- 1 Teenagers arrested after 17-year-old boy stabbed in Ipswich
- 2 Police cordon off section of Ipswich residential street
- 3 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 4 How pub was transformed into community hub
- 5 Police attend Ipswich Waterfront property as part of murder probe
- 6 CCTV images issued following theft from car in Ipswich
- 7 School completes £15.5million revamp with demolition of former building
- 8 'I couldn't stop smiling': Kesgrave Kitchen named best Ipswich café
- 9 Teenage boy denies knife attack near Ipswich supermarket
- 10 Officers making 'significant progress' in Victoria Hall murder case
His family want to get to the bottom of what happened to their son.
Medics from the East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust, which runs Ipswich Hospital, will be at the inquest.