Ipswich: Hundreds prepare for Twilight Walk
IPSWICH: More than 500 people have already signed up for this year’s Twilight Walk and organisers are still looking for more people to take part.
The walk, organised by East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) to raise cash for its Treehouse Appeal, takes place on Saturday, October 22 and is open to people of all ages.
Whole families have signed up for the challenge, which will see walkers set off from Copleston High School at 6pm.
An EACH spokeswoman said volunteers were still needed to help the evening event run smoothly.
She said: “With lots of surprises and things to see and do along the way, the children will be excited to reach the various stops along the route including face painting and a lucky dip.
You may also want to watch:
“There will also be ultra-violet fairies and dragons on stilts in our enchanted garden, and a fire engine complete with crew.
“But to make this event really magical we are looking for fairy or Christmas tree lights and jam jars to light up the paths and enchanted garden. “We also we need to recruit volunteers to help us on the day and we need 80 volunteers to help make the event run as smoothly as possible.”
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 5 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 6 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 7 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot
People are needed to help manage car parking, lead walkers, man the reception and marshal the walk route.
To sign up to take part or volunteer visit www.each.org.uk/twilightwalk or call 01473 237243.