Ipswich: Improvement work at Post Office on Reynolds Road will increase its opening hours by 28 hours a week
- Credit: PA
Work to modernise an Ipswich post office will see it open for more than an extra 28 hours every week, bosses have said.
Reynolds Road Post Office will close for renovation work on Thursday next week for a fortnight to allow the refurbishment to take place.
Two “modern screened serving positions” will be installed, the Post Office said in a statement.
The branch will close from Thursday, September 26 to Friday, October 11, after which it will be open for an additional 28.5 hours a week: Mon-Sat 8am-10pm and Sunday 10am-4pm. Post Office regional network manager - south, Will Russell, said he was confident the new branch will “meet the needs of the community” and “secure services for the future”.
He added: “The modernisation is part of a major investment programme to convert the Post Office network to new-style branches.”
You may also want to watch:
Customers should use the Cliff Lane and Queens Way Post Officers during the renovation.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 4 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 6 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 9 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 10 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol