Ipswich: Inquest to start into jail death of alleged killer
IPSWICH: An inquest into the death of a man who is believed to have murdered his wife before taking his own life in prison is due to start today.
Mariusz Lipinski was charged with murder after his estranged spouse Malgorzata Lipinska died from multiple stab wounds in the stairwell at the Duke Streets flats where she lived.
However, despite being on suicide watch, Lipinski, formerly of Siloam Place, Ipswich, was found dead in his cell at Norwich Prison within 12 hours of arriving at the jail.
The hearing is scheduled to last for four days and will be held before a jury at the Assembly Rooms in Theatre Street, Norwich.
Lipinski’s body was found in his cell at just after 3.15am on July 29 last year.
Although the Ministry of Justice declined to state how the chronic alcoholic died, it was reported that he had injuries to his wrists.
Mrs Lipinska, 38, whose 15 year marriage with Lipinski had been reportedly punctuated by domestic violence, died in a frenzied attack. Her body was found at around noon on July 24.
- 1 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 2 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 3 Most desirable places to live in Ipswich according to estate agents
- 4 Tributes paid to 'calm and caring' grassroots football stalwart 'Mr Exiles'
- 5 Revealed: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in April
- 6 Popular Ipswich motorcycle show to return for 30th year
- 7 Regent expansion project takes step forward as plans urged for approval
- 8 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers should be aware of this week
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 12-year-old girl from Ipswich
- 10 'They saved our boy's life' - Fundraiser for hospital that helped little Rocco
When Lipinski was arrested by armed police on Stoke Bridge in Ipswich, at around 5.30pm the same day, he had his wife’s blood on him.
He was charged with murder on July 27 and appeared at Ipswich magistrates the following day, before being remanded in custody.