Ipswich: Just hours to go before thousands descend on park for East Coast Live music festival
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of music fans across Suffolk will today be counting down the hours until some of the biggest names in music descend on Ipswich as part of the town’s cultural festival – IP-Art.
Chart-topping stars including Jessie J, Rizzle Kicks and The Saturdays will be performing at Chantry Park for East Coast Liev while McBusted, Scouting For Girls and Five will be heading up Sunday’s festivities.
East Coast live will not be the only attraction during the festival, however, as there will be plenty of comedy, art, dance and vintage markets during the bonanza.
Bryony Rudkin, Ipswich Borough Council’s culture portfolio-holder, said: “It’s a great summer opportunity, it’s a fantastic chance to showcase the town.”
Meanwhile, singer-songwriter Jason Derulo will be performing at the concert, despite two of his entourage being held by police in Ireland over sexual assault allegations.
It is alleged two teenage girls, 18 and 19, were assaulted on the tour bus, but Derulo was not on the vehicle at the time of the alleged incident.
Go to http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/entertainment/ip-art-festival to find out more about the festival.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 5 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 6 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food spots around Ipswich
- 7 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 8 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 9 Ipswich man found with indecent images of children is facing jail
- 10 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich