Ipswich karting centre burglar is jailed for 26 weeks after being caught by passing police
A burglar caught by police passing the scene of a break-in at a go-kart centre has been jailed for 26 weeks.
Leroy Clarke, of Nacton Road, Ipswich, pleaded guilty to burglary on Bank Holiday Monday this week when he appeared before the town’s magistrates.
The 27-year-old had broken into Anglia Indoor Karting on the Farthing Road Industrial Estate and was still on the premises when police found him.
An alarm was triggered at around 5am. Officers were despatched although their colleagues were already nearby.
Clarke was inside the premises and an officer reported he was trying to kick his way out.
You may also want to watch:
The officer went into the karting centre to attempt to find where the noise was coming from.
When he approached the fuel store Clarke appeared in the doorway and was arrested.
- 1 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 2 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 3 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 4 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 5 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 6 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 7 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 8 Arrest warrants issued for men facing sheep charges
- 9 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 10 40 new technology jobs announced at BT
In October last year Clarke was jailed for 10 months after being the first person caught attempting to throw a rucksack filled with drugs, mobile phones and other banned items into Norwich Prison.