Ipswich/London: Olympics volunteer enjoying every minute
Megaphone in hand and keeping an eye from up high, one dedicated Olympic volunteer is loving every minute of London 2012.
Tom Pickover from Ipswich, has been offering a helping hand at the Olympic Park since the festivities began last week.
Mr Pickover was chosen to assist in the running of the park, which includes directing people, checking tickets and entertaining the crowds.
He said: “My first day was last Wednesday and that was for the dress rehearsal of the opening ceremony.
“Then I was actually involved in the opening ceremony and that was amazing because I was so close to all of the athletes and I got to meet them all.
You may also want to watch:
“I was having a laugh with Tom Daley and having banter with the American water polo team. I’m having a great time.”
Yesterday, Mr Pickover was handed a megaphone and as well as assisting the general public, he took it upon himself to sing a few tunes to the excited crowds.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 4 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 6 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 7 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 8 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 9 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
- 10 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
“It’s all about making sure people have lots of fun,” he added.