Ipswich: Loving tributes to caring dad after shock death
ipswich: A distraught mum has today paid tribute to her son’s “caring and loving” dad, after he died suddenly last week.
Danielle Lee Cole, 31, is today “devastated” after learning the father of her sons died in bed aged just 28 years old.
Dominic Cole was found dead in bed at Uncle Tom’s Cabin in Vernon Street, Ipswich at about 12.20pm on Saturday, March 12.
The couple, who were together for about seven years, had two sons – nine-year-old Kieron Tansey, who Mr Cole raised as his own, and their son Jamie Cole, four.
“He was such a cheeky guy,” said Danielle, who lives in Ash Green, Colchester.
“He didn’t ever shut up, he even spoke in his sleep, he had to be first to have his say and he always had a funny story to tell. He was just a happy-go-lucky guy.
“He was a caring and loving dad, he raised Kieron since he was tiny, as his own, and they both loved him to pieces.
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 3 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 4 Dog rescued from flat fire
- 5 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 6 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 8 'Vile violation of trust' - son hits out after carer stole £1,700 from mum
- 9 A14 closed overnight as lorry overturns in multi-vehicle pile up
- 10 Politicians make Ipswich a third division town
“Deep down all he wanted was to settle down and be a family man but sometimes he found normal life very difficult.”
The couple set up their own business, a mobile car valeting service in Colchester.
But last year Mr Cole got into trouble when he was caught drink-driving with one of his sons in the car and was sent to prison.
After that the couple’s relationship broke down.
“It broke my heart, I couldn’t take him back, not until he had proven himself.
“Life got on top of him,” she added. “I know he was on a lot of diazepam. We don’t know what happened yet, we are waiting for the inquest, there are so many unanswered questions.”
Emergency services were alerted to the pub after Mr Cole was discovered dead in bed. Paramedics were called to reports a man was suffering cardiac arrest, but he was declared dead at the scene.
“It has been extremely hard,” Danielle added. “We only split up very recently, I still love him.
“He wanted us to get married, so he could be dad to Kieron too.”
A spokeswoman for the coroners office said an inquest into Mr Cole’s death has yet to be opened.
She said a post-mortem examination has yet to be carried out.
n Did you know Dominic? Pay your tributes. Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail email@example.com.