Ipswich: Lucky Star readers win chance to be part of the Duchess of Cambridge’s visit to EACH
IPSWICH: Lucky Ipswich Star readers are jumping for joy today after scooping the hottest tickets in town.
Only 200 people have been chosen to be at East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices’ (EACH) Treehouse centre when the Duchess of Cambridge visits the town.
Kate is set to formally unveil the new facility at St Augustine’s Gardens and will also make her first public speech.
Charity bosses at EACH received nearly 800 entries and yesterday chose the lucky ones who will receive a pair of tickets each.
Kesgrave resident, Kerry Layton, of Quebec Drive, was delighted after her name was selected.
“I am so surprised that I have been chosen,” she said.
“I wanted to go because it is such a great thing to be there for. I have raised �5,000 for EACH and I am so happy that I will get to be there for this special event.
- 1 7 roadworks for drivers in Suffolk to be aware of this week
- 2 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 3 New 99-room Ipswich Travelodge expected to open next year
- 4 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
- 5 Baby and toddler retailer Mamas & Papas set for Ipswich return
- 6 Woman injured after leg bitten by dog in Ipswich
- 7 Ipswich girl with cyst on brain struggling to get diagnosis
- 8 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 9 See inside £1.65m Ipswich home with swimming pool and games room
- 10 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
“I like to support each because I have to children myself and I think that it is good to know that if something bag ever happened there was this amazing hospice which I could turn to.
“I’m so excited, I just need to decide what to wear now!”
Hannah Bloom, EACH Suffolk partnerships manager, said: “We’ve been overwhelmed by the number of coupons we have received from readers.
“We only have 100 pairs of tickets to give away, so we understand there will be many disappointed people and we’re sorry we couldn’t accommodate more.
“We’re delighted that we’re able to offer this opportunity to readers and hope they enjoy the day and are as excited as we are about the visit.”
n Are you one of the lucky few to get tickets to the special event? Write to Your Letters, Ipswich Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or send an e-mail to email@example.com