Ipswich: Lucky Star readers win chance to be part of the Duchess of Cambridge’s visit to EACH
IPSWICH: Lucky Ipswich Star readers are jumping for joy today after scooping the hottest tickets in town.
Only 200 people have been chosen to be at East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices’ (EACH) Treehouse centre when the Duchess of Cambridge visits the town.
Kate is set to formally unveil the new facility at St Augustine’s Gardens and will also make her first public speech.
Charity bosses at EACH received nearly 800 entries and yesterday chose the lucky ones who will receive a pair of tickets each.
Kesgrave resident, Kerry Layton, of Quebec Drive, was delighted after her name was selected.
You may also want to watch:
“I am so surprised that I have been chosen,” she said.
“I wanted to go because it is such a great thing to be there for. I have raised �5,000 for EACH and I am so happy that I will get to be there for this special event.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 10 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
“I like to support each because I have to children myself and I think that it is good to know that if something bag ever happened there was this amazing hospice which I could turn to.
“I’m so excited, I just need to decide what to wear now!”
Hannah Bloom, EACH Suffolk partnerships manager, said: “We’ve been overwhelmed by the number of coupons we have received from readers.
“We only have 100 pairs of tickets to give away, so we understand there will be many disappointed people and we’re sorry we couldn’t accommodate more.
“We’re delighted that we’re able to offer this opportunity to readers and hope they enjoy the day and are as excited as we are about the visit.”
n Are you one of the lucky few to get tickets to the special event? Write to Your Letters, Ipswich Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or send an e-mail to email@example.com