Ipswich: ‘Lucky’ tree surgeon escapes with minor injuries in 20ft fall in Maidenhall
- Credit: Archant
A tree surgeon has been described as “incredibly lucky” after falling 20ft from a tree and suffering only minor injuries in Ipswich today.
The man, believed to be in his late 20s, was working at an address in Maidenhall, Ipswich, when he fell, crashed through a fence before hitting the ground at around 12.20pm.
He was taken to Ipswich Hospital for further treatment.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance service said: “Despite wearing climbing equipment, the man had fallen around 20ft, falling through a fence before hitting the ground,
“He was suffering from back pain but fortunately we don’t believe he was seriously injured – which is incredibly lucky after such a fall.
You may also want to watch:
“We immobilised him to help prevent any further damage and administered pain relief before taking him to Ipswich Hospital.”
The ambulance service received the 999 call at just before 12.20pm today and sent an ambulance and an ambulance officer to the scene.
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 4 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 7 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 10 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich