Two jailed for Ipswich shoplifting offences
Two people from Ipswich have been jailed for over three months for shoplifting.
Rachael Snell, 33, of Shackleton Square, Ipswich and 34-year-old John Monks of Turrett Lane in Ipswich appeared before Ipswich magistrates court on January 29 2019.
Both were jailed for 14 weeks after having pleaded guilty.
The pair were arrested on Monday, January 28 on suspicion of theft. They were taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
Snell was subsequently charged with seven counts of theft from shops which took place in December and January.
You may also want to watch:
Snell was further charged with possession of class A drugs.
Monks was charged with seven counts of thefts from shops that took place in December and January.
- 1 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 2 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 5 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 6 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 9 Trucker ran eBay scam selling straps used for securing heavy loads
- 10 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
Sgt Vicky McParland from Ipswich Central SNT said: “Theses two offenders have been prolific in their offending and it took a co-ordinated effort between Ipswich Central and Ipswich East SNTs working with Co-Op Security to collate the evidence against them to ensure they could be dealt with effectively.”