Ipswich: Man, 27, denies sexual assault on woman in Tate’s
A WOMAN was left feeling disgusted after she was allegedly sexually assaulted by a man in a town centre nightclub, a court has heard.
The woman had been at Tate’s on September 4 last year and was sitting on her own after becoming separated from her friend when she was allegedly approached by 27-year-old Herman Mendonca, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
After initially trying to talk to the woman Mendonca had allegedly kissed her on the lips before putting his hands inside her tights and touching her intimately.
Frances Cole-Harrington, prosecuting told the court the woman had tried to pull away from Mendonca and had tried to stop him touching her but he had been stronger than her. “She felt disgusted. She was telling him she had to find her friend and was trying to push him away,” said Miss Cole-Harrington.
Following the alleged incident the woman had spoken to doorstaff and she had been standing near the entrance when Mendonca left the club.
Mendonca was arrested in October and had answered “no comment” to questions put to him about the alleged incident.Mendonca, of Bramford Road, Ipswich, has denied sexually assaulting the woman.
Giving evidence on the first day of Mendonca’s trial the woman denied being drunk on the night of the alleged incident. She admitted waiting two days before making a formal complaint but denied she had made up the incident to get attention.
- 1 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 2 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 3 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 5 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 6 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 7 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 8 Ipswich shop owner among UK's top 100 female business women
- 9 Drug dealer escapes jail after £3k worth of cannabis found at home
- 10 Wahoo skating shop moving from Ipswich to Woodbridge
The trial continues today.