Ipswich man, 45, charged after multiple cars damaged in Orchard Street
- Credit: Archant
A 45-year-old man from Ipswich has been charged after reports of several cars being damaged at a car park in Ipswich.
Police were called to Orchard Street at around 5.15pm on Thursday, July 27 after a member of the public reported multiple vehicles with smashed windscreens.
Officers worked to track down a suspect who had left the scene, before arresting Shaun Gull, of Fore Street, Ipswich, at around 7.20pm on suspicion of criminal damage that same evening and taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
A Suffolk police spokeswoman said he had been charged with 10 counts of criminal damage in relation to 10 separate vehicles.
He has also been charged with one count of racially aggravated harrassment, she said.
You may also want to watch:
Gull is due to appear at South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday, August 15.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 3 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 4 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 5 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 7 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 8 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 9 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
- 10 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period