Ipswich: Man arrested after alleged violent spree
- Credit: Archant
A man who allegedly assaulted a teenage boy and threatened to harm others in a separate incident has been arrested this evening by police.
Police received reports at 3.15pm that a teenager had been assaulted at an address in London Road, Ipswich. The boy received minor injuries and did not require hospital treatment.
Reports also suggested the suspect had left the scene and was threatening people at an address in Cullingham Road.
A 29-year-old man from Ipswich was arrested at the scene on suspicion of assault, causing an affray and false imprisonment.
He is currently being questioned by detectives at the Martlesham Police Investigation Centre.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information in relation to this incident is asked to contact Suffolk Police on 101.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 3 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 6 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 7 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 8 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 9 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast