Ipswich man arrested for firearm offences after alleged air gun attack is released under investigation
- Credit: Archant
A 24-year-old man from Ipswich who was arrested after a teenager was allegedly shot in the head with an air gun has been released from custody, but remains under investigation.
The suspect was detained after a boy told police he had been attacked by a man who jumped out of the bushes in a park off Norwich Road in Ipswich at around 4.30pm on June 2.
Paramedics were called to the scene and the victim was taken to Ipswich Hospital with a pellet “lost in his forehead”, police said.
His injuries were not life-threatening or life-changing, according to the East of England Ambulance Service.
The same day police from Suffolk Constabulary arrested a 24-year-old man from Ipswich on suspicion of possessing a firearm or imitation firearm with intent to cause fear of violence.
He was taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre and questioned by officers, before being released under investigation.
- 1 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 2 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 3 Armed police arrest two 16-year-olds on suspicion of firearms offences
- 4 10,000 listeners tune in to new Suffolk radio station
- 5 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 6 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 7 'Dire for hospitality in Ipswich' - grill owner hits out at hardship grants
- 8 'It's very frustrating': Anger as £150 stolen from charity shop in Felixstowe
- 9 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing