Ipswich man arrested on suspicion of murdering 86-year-old will not be prosecuted
PUBLISHED: 16:56 01 June 2017 | UPDATED: 16:56 01 June 2017
A 69-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murder after an 86-year-old man died following a bungalow fire in the town's Fuchsia Lane, Ipswich, last year will not be prosecuted.
The Crown Prosecution Service has told detectives there is insufficient evidence for a prosecution.
John Allen died in hospital following the fire and since then police have been carrying out a comprehensive investigation into the cause of the blaze and the circumstances around the incident.
Anne-Marie Breach, of Suffolk Constabulary, said: “Suffolk Police put together a file for consideration by the Crown Prosecution Service who have found there was insufficient evidence to proceed with a prosecution.”
“The full findings of the investigation will be heard at an inquest into Mr Allen’s death, which will be heard in due course.
The tragedy occurred following a fire which began in the early hours of March 30 last year.
The 69-year-old man was arrested on November 8.