Ipswich man arrested over suspected assault on security guard in court
- Credit: Archant
A 29-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of assault after a security guard was injured during an alleged fracas at an Ipswich court.
The suspect, who is from Ipswich, is understood to have been challenged after he was suspected of filming in a courtroom at South East Suffolk Magistrates Court in Elm Street.
Recordings or filming are banned in magistrates and crown courts in England and Wales.
Security staff were called to the court room and an altercation is alleged to have occurred.
During the incident a female member of the security staff sustained what is said to be a injury to her hand.
A man was subsequently arrested and taken into custody.
Suffolk Constabulary has confirmed a 29-year-old was interviewed by officers before being released on police bail, pending further enquiries.
- 1 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
- 2 Group of youths seen carrying weapons in Ipswich park
- 3 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 4 Road closure 'chaos' for residents during fibre works
- 5 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 6 Animal sex charges against Kesgrave vet dropped, but child images admitted
- 7 First look at 172-bed student accommodation plan
- 8 Education 'exemplary' at Outstanding Ipswich academy
- 9 Man who sexually assaulted toddler in the street could be jailed
- 10 Police stop two vans overloaded by more than a ton each in Ipswich
He must return to Martlesham police investigation centre on July 1.
The incident occurred at around 1.10pm on Thursday last week.