Man charged with assaulting two police officers in Norwich Road, Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich 27-year-old has been charged with assaulting two police officers after they were called to a domestic violence incident.
Police were called to Norwich Road, Ipswich, at around 8am on Saturday, to reports of a domestic incident.
After officers arrived, two were injured as they investigated the situation.
It is believed that an incapacitant spray may have been used.
Both officers were taken to hospital, where one was found to have a finger broken in three places and the other had suffered a knee injury.
Both are recovering from their injuries.
A Suffolk police spokesman confirmed that a 27-year-old man – Bobby Spall of the Norwich Road area – had been arrested, and has since been charged with two counts of assaulting a constable and one charge of common assault by beating.
- 1 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 2 Plans for flats in former Ipswich pub progress
- 3 Train services in Suffolk cancelled after horses escape onto tracks
- 4 'Quietly confident' - Felixstowe Indian restaurant goes alcohol-free
- 5 Lane on A14 reopens after severe delays on Orwell Bridge
- 6 Man turned up naked on woman's doorstep after Euros Final
- 7 Man found dead as police and fire service called to Ipswich home
- 8 Busy Ipswich road reopens after small sinkhole is repaired
- 9 Why has my car been covered in dust?
- 10 Critically endangered calf born at Jimmy's Farm near Ipswich
Spall will appear at South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court in Ipswich on January 24 as a result.