Man charged after dangerous driving in stolen car
- Credit: Archant
A man from Ipswich has been charged with dangerous driving following the theft of a Mercedes in a burglary in Stowmarket.
A property in Hill Rise, Stowmarket was burgled by thieves on Monday, March 11.
The keys to the Mercedes and a wallet were stolen during the invasion.
Police located the stolen Mercedes in College Street in Ipswich later that evening, leading to a brief pursuit when the car failed to stop.
The vehicle was later found in Springfield Lane, with officers from Suffolk police making two arrests nearby.
You may also want to watch:
Two teenagers were both arrested on suspicion of burglary and taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
18-year-old Connor Roach, from Spenser Road in Ipswich, was charged with dangerous driving without holding a driving licence and without motor insurance.
- 1 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 2 Good Inside cafe opens for 'real food' takeaways in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Three fined for breaching Covid rules at 'gathering' after reports of loud music
- 4 Murder probe launched after woman in 20s dies in Colchester
- 5 What was unearthed during the BBC's Antiques Roadshow Ipswich episode?
- 6 Ipswich child rapist gets 21 years for 'despicable' crimes
- 7 Man 'moved on' for eating sausage roll on Ipswich park bench
- 8 Warning after distraction thefts at supermarkets
- 9 Huge numbers of Covid vaccine bookings in Suffolk
- 10 New cheese afternoon tea launched in Suffolk
He is due to appear before Suffolk Magistrates’ Court today.
A 17-year-old has been released under investigation pending further enquiries by Suffolk Constabulary.