Ipswich: Man charged following stabbing in Dillwyn Street
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
A teenager has been charged in connection with the stabbing of a man in Ipswich last weekend.
Police were called to a flat in Dillwyn Street just after 6.40pm on January 4 and found a man with stab wounds to his body.
The 42-year-old victim remains in Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge, in a stable condition.
In the early hours of yesterday morning, officers carried out a warrant at an address in west Ipswich and arrested two people, taking them to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre.
Steven Gunnell, 18, of Foulden Road, London, has subsequently been charged with wounding with intent.
He is due to appear before Ipswich Magistrates’ Court today.
A 25-year-old woman, from Ipswich, was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit grievous bodily harm.
- 1 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 2 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 3 Omid Djalili cracks Ipswich joke at Queen's Platinum Jubilee show
- 4 'Incredibly proud': 11-year-old saves classmate choking on chicken nugget
- 5 'We're lucky to get her back' - Drone finds missing Pinky after 17 days
- 6 Alleyway near Ipswich town centre remains sealed off after serious assault
- 7 Two arrests made following stabbing
- 8 Cricket club praises ambulance service after player collapses in the field
- 9 Ford Transit van destroyed in suspected arson attack
- 10 Travellers move on from Chantry Park in Ipswich
She has been bailed until March 4.