Ipswich: Man charged following stabbing in Dillwyn Street
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
A teenager has been charged in connection with the stabbing of a man in Ipswich last weekend.
Police were called to a flat in Dillwyn Street just after 6.40pm on January 4 and found a man with stab wounds to his body.
The 42-year-old victim remains in Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge, in a stable condition.
In the early hours of yesterday morning, officers carried out a warrant at an address in west Ipswich and arrested two people, taking them to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre.
Steven Gunnell, 18, of Foulden Road, London, has subsequently been charged with wounding with intent.
You may also want to watch:
He is due to appear before Ipswich Magistrates’ Court today.
A 25-year-old woman, from Ipswich, was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit grievous bodily harm.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 6 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 7 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast
She has been bailed until March 4.