Teenager charged with robbing Ipswich pensioner
A man has been charged with robbing an 81-year-old pensioner in Ipswich.
Ticu Bahica, 18, of Reavell Place in Ipswich, appeared at Suffolk Magistrates’ Court via video link from HMP Cookham Wood in Rochester.
He responded to confirm his name and date of birth and entered no plea, but was unable to communicate clearly as a translator for the Romanian national could not be found.
The alleged robbery took place on August 23 at the home of the elderly man in Handford Road.
Three men were said by Suffolk police to have forced their way into his house after he answered the door and demanded money.
It is alleged they then walked him to a nearby cashpoint from where he withdrew £100, was walked home and the money taken from him.
Bahica was remanded in custody and will appear at Ipswich Crown Court on September 27.
- 1 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 2 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 3 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 4 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 5 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 6 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 7 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 8 Man dragged former partner from car and kicked her in assault
- 9 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 10 Inquest into death of 32-year-old woman in Barham crash postponed