Ipswich man dies in car crash
AN Ipswich family is in mourning today after the death of an Ipswich man in a two-car collision in Essex which injured three others.Ricky Fisher, 32, was killed when the Ford Fiesta XR2 he was a passenger in was in collision with a Honda car in Chadwell Heath on the outskirts of London.
AN Ipswich family is in mourning today after the death of an Ipswich man in a two-car collision in Essex which injured three others.
Ricky Fisher, 32, was killed when the Ford Fiesta XR2 he was a passenger in was in collision with a Honda car in Chadwell Heath on the outskirts of London.
His injuries were so severe he died at the scene.
In a public announcement to his relatives and friends, Mr Fisher's family said: "He will be sadly missed by all who knew and loved him."
Mr Fisher, of Landseer Road, leaves his parents Evelyn and David along with brother and sister Carl and Debra.
The driver of the Fiesta, whose name has not been released, suffered serious injuries and is being treated in the nearby King George Hospital in Goodmayes.
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 3 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 5 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 6 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 7 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 8 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 9 'Mum had the last Christmas she deserved' - Ipswich hospice helps families
- 10 Major milestone marked as Ipswich Hospital south entrance reopens
The red Fiesta was in collision with the Honda in Whalebone Lane North, the main road into Marks Gate and Chadwell Heath.
Police said the Fiesta appeared to have lost control while exiting a mini-roundabout connecting Romford Road and Whalebone Lane North.
The car travelled about ten metres into Whalebone Lane North before it was in collision with the Honda, which was travelling north.
It then span into a field before coming to a halt.
The male driver of the Honda and his passenger, a ten-year-old boy, were also taken to King George hospital but they suffered only minor injuries.
A police accident investigator visited the scene of the crash, which happened around 9.20pm on November 12, and the North East traffic unit based at Chadwell Heath was handling the investigation.
As part of that investigation police were appealing for witnesses to the accident.
Firefighters from Romford fire station also attended the collision, along with crews from the London Ambulance Service.
Mr Fisher's funeral will be held at Ipswich Crematorium's West Chapel on Wednesday .