Ipswich: Man escapes van after it bursts into flames near petrol station
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
Police were called to the roundabout by the Asda superstore in the Whitehouse area of Ipswich just before noon.
The male driver said he had incorrectly filled the van with petrol instead of diesel before it caught alight.
Officers closed part of the roundabout to let firefighters control the flames and smoke.
Smoke could be seen coming from the vehicle which had its bonnet destroyed in the fire.
The front tyre on the driver’s side also perished in the flames.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic was flowing again by about 12.40pm.
- 1 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood