Ipswich man in court on teen sex charges
AN IPSWICH man accused of sex attacks of two teenagers has appeared in court.Selwyn Duberry, of Poppy Close, Ipswich, appeared at South East Suffolk Magistrates Court, charged with the rape of two girls under the age of 16.
AN IPSWICH man accused of sex attacks of two teenagers has appeared in court.
Selwyn Duberry, of Poppy Close, Ipswich, appeared at South East Suffolk Magistrates Court, charged with the rape of two girls under the age of 16.
The 38-year-old was accused of raping one 14-year-old twice between March 1 and March 31, 2000. He has also been charged with the rape of another girl, who is now 16, on January 12 of this year.
Duberry was arrested on November 9 and had been held in custody until his appearance at the court in Elm Street, Ipswich, on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
Duberry, who was wearing a black jumper and dark trousers, only spoke when the court clerk asked him to state his name, address and age.
During the majority of the proceedings Duberry sat holding a rolled up piece of paper to his chin.
- 1 Anger as 'selfish' fly-tippers dump couch in Ipswich street
- 2 Man arrested over Cardinal Park stabbing
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 5 Seafront theatre set for big improvements and balcony dining
- 6 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 7 Warning of lightning strikes across Suffolk as stormy weather continues
- 8 Ipswich man in court accused of setting light to car
- 9 Summertime Ipswich to bring the party to the Waterfront next month
- 10 26 valuable coins you might have at home
In a fifteen minute hearing, no pleas were entered by Duberry before his case was committed to the crown court, as magistrates' courts do not have the sufficient powers to hear a rape case.
The defendant was then remanded in custody until November 21, when he will appear at Ipswich Crown Court, Civic Drive, for a preliminary hearing.