Ipswich man faces jail after being convicted of two Cardinal Park stabbing attacks
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich man accused of stabbing three men during a late night incident outside a nightclub is facing a prison sentence after being convicted of two of the attacks.
Before Ipswich Crown Court today was Jewel Miah, 21, of Moore Road, Ipswich, who denied having a kitchen knife in Cecilia Street, Ipswich on October 6 last year.
He also denied three offences of wounding Isaac Grant, Patrick Styles and Bradley Orton with intent to do them grievous bodily harm on the same date.
He was convicted of having a knife and the charges relating to Mr Grant and Mr Styles and cleared of the charge involving Mr Orton.
The court that the stabbings took place at around 3am as customers were leaving Unit 17 in Cardinal Park.
Police later found a knife in nearby bushes and following Miah’s arrest on October 9 his landlady identified the knife as similar to one that was missing from a set of her knives.
Miah chose not to give evidence during the trial.
- 1 'This is all I've got' - Woman fighting to keep home where mum died
- 2 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 3 Teen taken to hospital with serious injuries after Ipswich crash
- 4 Woman bit dog owner during dispute over not picking up mess
- 5 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 6 'From one family business to another' - Cattermole's changes hands
- 7 Cocaine dealers involved in 'Bash' drugs line in Suffolk are jailed
- 8 Five forgotten Ipswich music venues and what they are now
- 9 Felixstowe man to star on small screen with converted Mini Cooper
- 10 Ipswich bus fares to increase after 'significant' drop in usage
He will be sentenced the week commencing May 28.