Ipswich: Man taken to hospital after attack by burglar
An intruder hit a man over the head with an unidentified object in an early morning attack.
At around 3am this morning the intruder woke a man who was sleeping on his sofa at a house in Kerry Avenue, Ipswich.
The victim went out to investigate a noise in the hallway, where he was hit over the head by a man with an unknown object.
The man then ran away through the front door. The victim had to be taken to hospital for treatment to a cut head.
The intruder is described as male and around 6 ft tall.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call Ipswich CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich