Ipswich man thanks dad for showing him how to care for own children
- Credit: Jordon Willis
An Ipswich father-of-two has thanked his own dad for being such a great role-model during his life.
Jordon Willis, 22, from Chantry, who is father to toddlers Riley and Alfie, said his dad, Jimmy Elmer, has shown him how to care for his own children.
Jordon, who is a specialist cleaner, said his former bricklayer dad was "fantastic" during his childhood years.
"The way he brought me up is the way I'm bringing my kids up. He was absolutely brilliant when we were growing up," he said.
"He was always over the park with us doing things, he always did his best.
"He is fantastic with us, and also his grandchildren and I hope this makes him smile. He does everything he can every day. Even though he works, he's still always there.
"I just wanted to thank him for always being there for us. We all love him loads."
- 1 Could Aldi closure prompt all change in Ipswich shops?
- 2 Aldi store on Ipswich estate 'set to close within weeks'
- 3 Can you spot yourself in our first class school pictures from 2002?
- 4 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 5 Gymophobics ladies' gym in Ipswich set to close down
- 6 Churches prepare to open at Quay Place and the former Odeon cinema
- 7 Four arrested after drug warrant carried out at Ipswich property
- 8 Cash and jewellery stolen after Ipswich home broken into
- 9 Patient visiting rules relaxed at Ipswich and Colchester hospitals
- 10 Mum praises trampoline park after changing rules for autistic son