Ipswich man thanks dad for showing him how to care for own children
- Credit: Jordon Willis
An Ipswich father-of-two has thanked his own dad for being such a great role-model during his life.
Jordon Willis, 22, from Chantry, who is father to toddlers Riley and Alfie, said his dad, Jimmy Elmer, has shown him how to care for his own children.
Jordon, who is a specialist cleaner, said his former bricklayer dad was "fantastic" during his childhood years.
"The way he brought me up is the way I'm bringing my kids up. He was absolutely brilliant when we were growing up," he said.
"He was always over the park with us doing things, he always did his best.
"He is fantastic with us, and also his grandchildren and I hope this makes him smile. He does everything he can every day. Even though he works, he's still always there.
"I just wanted to thank him for always being there for us. We all love him loads."
- 1 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 2 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 3 Work to start on 150 new Ipswich council homes next year
- 4 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 5 Family concerned after 15-year-old girl reported missing from Ipswich
- 6 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: Burglar, dangerous driver and drug dealer put behind bars
- 8 See inside 5 of the most expensive dream homes in Ipswich
- 9 The 10 most Instagrammable spots in Ipswich - is your favourite on the list?
- 10 New homes and dormitory block planned for Ipswich school site