M&S extends its Ipswich store opening hours until 7pm
- Credit: Archant
A Marks and Spencer store has extended its opening hours in a bid to catch more customers.
Business leaders in Ipswich have welcomed the major retailer’s move to open until 7pm as a huge boost for the town and people looking to shop after work.
The store in Westgate Street previously opened until 6pm, meaning workers did not have much time to pop into the store after finishing work.
It is hoped the longer opening hours will attract more late shoppers and keep footfall within the town centre.
William Holden, store manager at M&S Ipswich, said: “Our customers are at the heart of everything we do at M&S and we want to make sure everyone can enjoy our store.
“Many of our customers lead very busy lives, so we’re delighted to now offer longer opening hours, which will be great for those who work long days and want to shop with us on their way home, especially in the run up to Christmas.
“We’ve got off to a really strong start in the first couple of weeks, and my team and I very much look forward to welcoming more customers into store during these extended hours.”
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 3 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 4 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 5 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 6 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 7 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 8 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 9 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 10 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
Jack Cripps, from Ipswich Central business improvement district – which represents traders in the area – said: “We’re pleased to see that M&S Ipswich are adapting to the changing needs of retail by extending their stores opening hours.
“The store manager has taken an important step in providing a food and retail offer that suits their Ipswich customers, whilst helping future proof the store’s position on the high street.”
The store opens at 8am each day except on Sundays, when its opening hours are 10.30am until 4pm.