Teenager bailed following Marlow Road stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old boy has been released on bail following a stabbing near Westbourne Academy in Ipswich on Monday.
The boy was arrested on Thursday, March 14 on suspicion of assault causing grievous bodily harm.
His arrest followed Monday’s attack in Marlow Road, where another 17-year-old boy was stabbed in an alleyway at around 6.30pm.
The victim called his own ambulance following the attack and was taken to Ipswich hospital for treatment for a single stab wound. He was later discharged the following day.
Five people aged between 16 and 20 had previously been arrested earlier this week, but were subsequently released following questioning at Martlesham Police Investigation Centre and face no further action.
The teenager’s bail lasts until Tuesday, April 9 pending further inquiries by police.
Suffolk Constabulary are still appealing for information about the incident, with those with any information being asked to contact South CID at Landmark House on 101 quoting reference 13979/19.
You may also want to watch:
Information can be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 2 Good Inside cafe opens for 'real food' takeaways in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Three fined for breaching Covid rules at 'gathering' after reports of loud music
- 4 Murder probe launched after woman in 20s dies in Colchester
- 5 What was unearthed during the BBC's Antiques Roadshow Ipswich episode?
- 6 Ipswich child rapist gets 21 years for 'despicable' crimes
- 7 Man 'moved on' for eating sausage roll on Ipswich park bench
- 8 Warning after distraction thefts at supermarkets
- 9 Huge numbers of Covid vaccine bookings in Suffolk
- 10 New cheese afternoon tea launched in Suffolk