Teenager bailed following Marlow Road stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old boy has been released on bail following a stabbing near Westbourne Academy in Ipswich on Monday.
The boy was arrested on Thursday, March 14 on suspicion of assault causing grievous bodily harm.
His arrest followed Monday’s attack in Marlow Road, where another 17-year-old boy was stabbed in an alleyway at around 6.30pm.
The victim called his own ambulance following the attack and was taken to Ipswich hospital for treatment for a single stab wound. He was later discharged the following day.
Five people aged between 16 and 20 had previously been arrested earlier this week, but were subsequently released following questioning at Martlesham Police Investigation Centre and face no further action.
The teenager’s bail lasts until Tuesday, April 9 pending further inquiries by police.
Suffolk Constabulary are still appealing for information about the incident, with those with any information being asked to contact South CID at Landmark House on 101 quoting reference 13979/19.
You may also want to watch:
Information can be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 5 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 6 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 7 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast