Thieves steal bank cards from woman in her 80s at Martlesham Tesco
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A woman in her 80s had bank cards stolen from her by two thieves in Ipswich.
The distraction theft happened at the Tesco Extra in Anson Road on November 13, between 3.35pm and 4pm.
The woman in her 80s reported she was approached by a man asking for help with directions, using a map on a phone to distract her.
While distracted, a second suspect stole the cards from her purse, which was in her car.
The woman only became aware of the theft when she checked her bank account online and saw transactions she did not recognise on her statement.
You may also want to watch:
One of the suspects is described as white, of average build, aged between 40 and 60 years old, about 5ft 9in tall and clean shaven.
There is no description of the person suspected of stealing the cards.
- 1 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 2 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 3 Opening date confirmed for new indoor market in Ipswich's former Peacocks
- 4 WATCH: England fan pulled out of water at Ipswich marina
- 5 £1.4m home with swimming pool and tennis court for sale on edge of Ipswich
- 6 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial: 'Good character cannot provide a defence'
- 8 Drug courier delivering cocaine in Ipswich is jailed
- 9 'Stressed' bride forced to cut guest list just over a week before wedding
- 10 302 complaints about dogs off lead in Christchurch Park
To help police, call Suffolk Constabulary, quoting crime reference 37/70214/19. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.