Ipswich mayor Sarah Barber hails ‘unsung heroes’ after helping empty bins around Pinecroft
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich mayor Sarah Barber took to the streets in the Pinecroft area of north west Ipswich this morning in support of the “unsung heroes” emptying the town’s bins.
Mrs Barber joined the three-man crew of Craig, Joe and Robert aboard the new £160,000 bin lorry affectionately named Holly, where she helped the crew collect nearly 1,800 bins from the beginning of their shift at 6am.
Their work was monitored from Gipping House where all the rounds are seen and updates made on traffic issues, obstructions, and other problems.
Mrs Barber said: “It was a rewarding experience – these crews work really, really hard and do a great job for residents.
“I am really impressed.
You may also want to watch:
“They are our unsung heroes and it was a pleasure to meet them – albeit at half five this morning – and to go out and see what they actually do.”
- 1 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 2 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 7 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 8 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 9 High winds close Ipswich festival event temporarily
- 10 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar