Ipswich McDonald’s worker banned from all its restaurants after admitting voyeurism
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
A young voyeur has been banned from all McDonald’s restaurants after admitting putting a camera in a female toilet at the Ipswich fast food outlet where he worked.
Luke Whiting, of Heatherhayes, Ipswich, pleaded guilty to voyeurism when he appeared at the town’s South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court for the first hearing of his case.
The 21-year-old committed the offence on October 18.
He was accused of operating a mobile phone with the intention of enabling another person to observe someone doing a private act for the purpose of obtaining sexual gratification.
The phone was found when a worker went in to a toilet and saw it.
It was discovered at around 10.30pm while Whiting was working his shift.
CCTV from the restaurant was viewed and as a result Whiting was seen going into the toilet.
- 1 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 3 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 5 Police cordon off Felixstowe town centre car park after incident
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 8 Estate agent switches household’s energy supply without telling tenant
- 9 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 10 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
Police were called and Whiting was arrested shortly before midnight.
He was taken to Martlesham police investigation centre where he was questioned about the incident.
At the end of Whiting’s court hearing, magistrates ordered a pre-sentence report to be prepared by the probation service.
Whiting was told his sentencing would take place at the same court on December 13.
He was released on conditional bail until then.
One of the conditions Whiting must abide by is that he is excluded from entering any McDonald’s restaurant.