Ipswich: Meet little Oliver Derrett, the three-week-old baby with great, great grandparents on both sides of his family - making five generations
- Credit: Archant
Little Oliver Derrett’s birth was always going to be a cause of celebration.
But the three-week-old’s arrival has been extra special for his family, as he has unknowingly created five generations on both his mum and dad’s side.
Proud parents Luke Derrett and Kimberley Sadler, of Pinewood, Ipswich, realised there would be two sets during the pregnancy, a situation they have described as very rare.
Speaking as all the generations joined together for the first time at the weekend, Luke, 23, said: “Everyone on my side was ecstatic. My mum wanted a grandchild so they were really happy.”
“I have heard of five generations on one side before but not on both sides. It is quite strange to have them all in one room.”
You may also want to watch:
Kimberley, 22, added: “It is very rare.
“Oliver is great. He is still quite young and he has his own little temper tantrums, but he is a good little baby.”
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 6 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 7 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 8 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 9 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 10 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
On Luke’s side of the family there is now grandmother Tanya Derrett, 41, great grandmother Sandra Creasey, 65 and great great grandmother Joan Stanley, 88.
Tanya said: “I was really pleased for them.
“I have heard of five generations on one side but it is not very common on both sides. He is a lovely little boy.”
On mum Kimberley’s side of the family is granddad Robert Sadler, 43, great granddad Malcolm Sadler, 72 and great great grandmother Gertrude Sadler, 91.
Speaking of the moment she discovered she was going to be a great great grandmother, Gertrude added: “I thought it was lovely. The more the merrier.”
Have you got a five generation family? Or even six? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or called 01473 324738