Ipswich: Men questioned over alleged drug offences following pursuit through town
- Credit: citizenside.com
Police pursued two men in a Fiat 500 which was driven through several Ipswich streets crashing into cars last night.
Officers had attempted to stop the vehicle as part of a routine patrol in Anglesea Road at 10pm.
But the grey Fiat car made off and struck a VW Passat in Norwich Road; an Audi A4 at the junction of Bramford Road and Yarmouth Road and a VW Golf on Chevalier Street.
At this stage, the driver of the Fiat ran off from the car. Following a search of the area by dog handlers, a 22-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of committing motoring and drug offences.
A 21-year-old man, who had got out of the Fiat in Sproughton Road when it briefly stopped, was arrested by officers at the scene on suspicion of committing drug offences.
Both men, who live in Ipswich, are currently being questioned by officers at Martlesham Police Investigation Centre.
- 1 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 2 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 3 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 4 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 5 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 6 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 7 Man, 25, threatened to kill ex-partner with wrench, court hears
- 8 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 9 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 10 Man dragged former partner from car and kicked her in assault