Mercedes driver caught with stash of heroin and crack cocaine after Ipswich police chase jailed
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich man who was found in possession of heroin and crack cocaine after crashing his car during a police chase has been jailed for seven years.
A police officer started following a Mercedes driven by Frank Austin at around 7pm on February 17 in Foxhall Road, Ipswich, and saw him overtake three vehicles before turning into Parliament Road, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
In Parliament Road the Mercedes mounted the kerb and collided with a wall.
At the time of the incident Austin was a banned driver and after colliding with the wall he tried to run off but was caught after a chase.
He was found to have a lock-knife in the lining of his coat and was later found to have 100 wraps of heroin and crack cocaine.
You may also want to watch:
Austin, 37, of Marigold Avenue, Ipswich, admitted dangerous driving, having a lock-knife, possessing heroin and crack cocaine with intent to supply, possessing cannabis and driving while disqualified.
In addition to being jailed, he was banned from driving for five years and six months.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 5 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 6 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 7 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 8 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 9 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 10 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools