Ipswich: More cars targeted by tyre vandals after spate of 22 incidents
- Credit: Archant
A RESIDENTIAL street in the north west area of Ipswich was targeted by vandals on the same night the tyres of 22 cars were slashed in the town, it has emerged.
Police say they have been notified of three cars being vandalised in Tower Mill Road, Ipswich between Sunday night and Monday morning.
It is the same period when 22 cars in Milton Street, Colchester Road, Kirby Street, Norman Crescent, Dumbarton Road, Brunswick Road and Renfrew Road were damaged – officers are now looking into the possibility the Tower Mill Road incident is linked.
One homeowner in Tower Mill Road, who asked not to be named, said their car tyres were punctured.
“Knowing that this has happened to other vehicles in Ipswich, it seems whoever has been doing it has been on a complete rampage – I am just not impressed.
“There was one single family that had two cars and both cars have had their tyres slashed.”
All the incidents happened some time between 4pm on Sunday and 3pm on Monday.
- 1 Most desirable places to live in Ipswich according to estate agents
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals locked up so far in 2022
- 3 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 4 Plans for 440 homes and visitor centre in Ipswich Garden Suburb submitted
- 5 Woman 'froze' after seeing masked men with machetes in Ipswich
- 6 OPINION: Free sporting activities for children return to Ipswich this summer
- 7 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 8 Missing 12-year-old girl from Ipswich found safe
- 9 Ipswich singer to perform UK festival tour after scoring club hit
- 10 Designer handbag stolen after car window smashed in Ipswich
The offenders slashed or punctured the tyres.
? If you were in any of these areas and noticed something suspicious, please contact Suffolk police by calling 101.