Ipswich: Motorist suffers head injury after blue Vauxhall Astra crashes into parked white Skoda in Wherstead Road
- Credit: Archant
A man suffered a head injury when the car he was driving crashed into a parked vehicle in Ipswich on Friday night.
Emergency crews were called to Wherstead Road shortly after 9.15pm after a blue Vauxhall Astra hit a parked white Skoda, police said.
The driver of the Astra – a man – suffered a small cut to the head and was treated by paramedics. It is thought he did not require hospital treatment, a force spokesman added.
A passenger in the Astra, a woman, did not suffer any injuries.
The collision took place near the Cowell Street junction.
A section of Wherstead Road was closed to allow recovery of the Astra. It fully re-opened at 10.30pm.
Police said no-one was inside the parked Skoda, which was damaged but did not require recovery.
- 1 Train services in Suffolk cancelled after horses escape onto tracks
- 2 Man found dead as police and fire service called to Ipswich home
- 3 'Quietly confident' - Felixstowe Indian restaurant goes alcohol-free
- 4 Man turned up naked on woman's doorstep after Euros Final
- 5 Plans for flats in former Ipswich pub progress
- 6 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 7 Severe delays on A14 as lane blocked on Orwell Bridge
- 8 Busy Ipswich road reopens after small sinkhole is repaired
- 9 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 10 Why has my car been covered in dust?
Firefighters were also called to the scene to deal with petrol leaking from one of the cars involved in the crash – thought to be the Astra.
No arrests were made.