Ipswich: MP Ben Gummer marries lawyer Sarah Langford in Westminster Cathedral
- Credit: contributed
Ipswich MP Ben Gummer has married barrister Sarah Langford at a family ceremony in the country’s main Roman Catholic cathedral.
The couple were married at Westminster Cathedral at the weekend at a ceremony attended by friends and family.
But there was no extended immediate honeymoon for the groom – after spending the rest of the weekend away he is due back in Ipswich today helping to boost the Tories’ election campaign for both the borough and European elections.
He will be fulfilling a number of constituency engagements over the rest of the week.
The cathedral is the centre of the Roman Catholic church in England, and Mr Gummer said the day was very special.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We both feel very privileged to be able to share such an incredibly special day with our families, our friends and so many people who have been important to us in our lives so far. We are very happy.”
While he returns to Ipswich today, the couple are planning a longer honeymoon in the near future before Mr Gummer gets back to the job of seeking re-election for the highly-marginal seat at next year’s general election.
- 1 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 2 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 3 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 4 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 5 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 6 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 7 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 8 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 9 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff