Ipswich: MP cuts the ribbon at refurbished Port Office in Dales Road
- Credit: Archant
A post office in Ipswich was reopened on Friday after major refurbishment work.
Dales Road Post Office hosted subpostmaster Stephen Jordan, Post Office senior stakeholder manager Gary Herbert and Central Suffolk and North Ipswich MP Dr Dan Poulter for the ribbon-cutting ceremony.
The branch has been converted to the new open-plan style as part of a major modernisation programme across the post office network.
Dr Poulter said: “I am delighted to open this refurbished post office.
“It has been transformed into a modern and professional unit and the open-plan counters make it far easier for customers and staff to talk to each other without the need to shout.”
Dales Road Post Office now has three serving positions and a Post Office serving point for use at the retail counter.
This is a new concept for delivering Post Office products and services available alongside retail transactions during shop opening hours.
- 1 School submits plan to turn site into 7 homes
- 2 Boy, 14, injured in altercation near Ipswich primary school
- 3 Severe delays on A14 outside Ipswich after vehicle sheds turf on road
- 4 Missing Ipswich man found safe
- 5 Police hunting two men with Suffolk links after cannabis farm discovered
- 6 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 7 Aging gas main replacement works begin around Ipswich
- 8 Victim bundled into car and hit with hammer, robbery and kidnap trial hears
- 9 Ipswich teen accused of brandishing machete tells court it was a plastic toy
- 10 'I just don't operate that way' - Town owner Steed tells it straight on first visit
The branch now opens half an hour earlier and closes half an hour later each day and will also open Saturday afternoons.