Ipswich mum Christina Wise continues to support St Elizabeth Hospice in husband’s memory
- Credit: Su Anderson
More than £1,000 was raised for St Elizabeth Hospice during a children’s music concert held in Ipswich.
The event was organised by Christina Wise, who is supporting the hospice in memory of her husband, Andy, who lost his battle with kidney cancer in April 2014.
Mr Wise spent a total of nine weeks at the charity’s hospice in Ipswich’s Foxhall Road, offering invaluable support to Mrs Wise and the couple’s two children, Oliver, nine, and Grace, six.
The family has since organised a number of events in a bid to raise £30,000 for the hospice in two years – the estimated cost of Mr Wise’s care.
The money collected at the concert, which took place at St Peter’s by the Waterfront on Saturday, brings the fundraising total to £32,000.
Music was performed by the St Peter’s Band and featured children from the Cliff Lane School choir, which Mrs Wise’s two children attend.
“There were quite a few new people who aren’t linked to me or Andy who came for the children’s concert or to support the hospice, which is nice because it means our audience is changing and growing,” said Mrs Wise.
- 1 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
- 2 Group of youths seen carrying weapons in Ipswich park
- 3 Road closure 'chaos' for residents during fibre works
- 4 Man who sexually assaulted toddler in the street could be jailed
- 5 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 6 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 7 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 8 First look at 172-bed student accommodation plan
- 9 Education 'exemplary' at Outstanding Ipswich academy
- 10 Animal sex charges against Kesgrave vet dropped, but child images admitted
The family’s next event will be a dinner and dance at Venue 77 in Fore Hamlet, Ipswich, on May 20 – all proceeds going to St Elizabeth Hospice.