Ipswich mum shortlisted for most beautiful vegan award
- Credit: PETA/Clare Wilson
A teaching assistant from Ipswich has been shortlisted in a national competition - to find the most beautiful vegan over 50.
Clare Wilson has beaten numerous other entrants from across the UK to nab a spot on the list.
To celebrate mature vegans who are making the world a kinder and safer place by keeping animal-derived foods off their plates, People for the Ethnical Treatment of Animals (PETA) has selected the eight finalists in its 2021 UK and Ireland’s Most Beautiful Vegan Over 50 Competition.
PETA director Elisa Allen said: "We were looking for special people who were willing to share their stories and inspire others to do what they can to save animals – and Clare Wilson fits the bill.
"Each finalist in PETA’s competition is an inspiration to anyone who wants to explore healthy, humane vegan living.”
You may also want to watch:
This year’s winner will be chosen based on several factors, including vote count, and will be announced by August 27.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 6 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 8 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 9 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 10 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties