Live updates as the Tavis Spencer-Aitkens murder trial continues
- Credit: Archant
The trial of six people accused of the murder of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens enters its second day today.
Our reporters are at Ipswich Crown Court for the trial and will be bringing you live updates here.
Later in the day we will have full coverage of today’s proceedings.
Yesterday the court heard that Ipswich teenager Tavis Spencer-Aitkens was allegedly “butchered” to death in a revenge attack by members of a rival group.
He was stabbed in Packard Avenue, Ipswich on June 2 and died from his injuries.
Before the court are Aristote Yenge, 23, of Spring Road, Ipswich; Adebayo Amusa, 20, of Sovereign Road, Barking; Callum Plaats, 23, of Ipswich; Isaac Calver, 19, of Firmin Close, Ipswich; a 16-year-old boy who cannot be named for legal reasons; and Leon Glasgow, 42, of no fixed address.
They all deny murdering Tavis, of Pownall Road, Ipswich.
- 1 A14 closed in both directions near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 3 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 4 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 5 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 8 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 9 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 10 Police 'concerned' for missing 15-year-old who was last seen a week ago