Live updates as the Tavis Spencer-Aitkens murder trial continues
- Credit: Archant
The trial of six people accused of the murder of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens enters its second day today.
Our reporters are at Ipswich Crown Court for the trial and will be bringing you live updates here.
Later in the day we will have full coverage of today’s proceedings.
Yesterday the court heard that Ipswich teenager Tavis Spencer-Aitkens was allegedly “butchered” to death in a revenge attack by members of a rival group.
He was stabbed in Packard Avenue, Ipswich on June 2 and died from his injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Before the court are Aristote Yenge, 23, of Spring Road, Ipswich; Adebayo Amusa, 20, of Sovereign Road, Barking; Callum Plaats, 23, of Ipswich; Isaac Calver, 19, of Firmin Close, Ipswich; a 16-year-old boy who cannot be named for legal reasons; and Leon Glasgow, 42, of no fixed address.
They all deny murdering Tavis, of Pownall Road, Ipswich.
- 1 Car catches fire outside Morrisons store in Ipswich
- 2 Man Tasered by police while armed with knife is jailed
- 3 Timeline: When can you expect to receive the Covid vaccine?
- 4 Father and daughter racially abused by dog walker
- 5 Council investigating 'frustrating' Ipswich hum bothering residents
- 6 Plans for 190 homes on edge of Ipswich 'poorly conceived' say councillors
- 7 Touching tributes paid to 'kind-hearted' Ipswich council worker of 25 years
- 8 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 9 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s
- 10 What is the strange hum being heard in Ipswich?