Live updates as the Tavis Spencer-Aitkens murder trial continues
- Credit: Archant
The trial of six people accused of the murder of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens enters its second day today.
Our reporters are at Ipswich Crown Court for the trial and will be bringing you live updates here.
Later in the day we will have full coverage of today’s proceedings.
Yesterday the court heard that Ipswich teenager Tavis Spencer-Aitkens was allegedly “butchered” to death in a revenge attack by members of a rival group.
He was stabbed in Packard Avenue, Ipswich on June 2 and died from his injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Before the court are Aristote Yenge, 23, of Spring Road, Ipswich; Adebayo Amusa, 20, of Sovereign Road, Barking; Callum Plaats, 23, of Ipswich; Isaac Calver, 19, of Firmin Close, Ipswich; a 16-year-old boy who cannot be named for legal reasons; and Leon Glasgow, 42, of no fixed address.
They all deny murdering Tavis, of Pownall Road, Ipswich.
- 1 US investors 'on verge' of buying Ipswich Town and appointing Paul Cook as manager
- 2 The Ipswich pubs preparing to reopen beer gardens on April 12
- 3 'Industrial scale' fly-tipping at Suffolk beauty spot
- 4 Patio doors smashed during house raid
- 5 Are you in our photos from Ipswich nightspot Brannigans in 2003?
- 6 Murder investigation into death of woman at Ipswich flat dropped
- 7 New cafe at popular Suffolk beauty spot
- 8 Calls go 'through the roof' at Ipswich hair salon after lockdown lifting news
- 9 Elderly man jailed for historic sex crimes against young girls
- 10 Grieving family's distress after NHS asks for compensation to be paid back